Wednesday, October 3, 2007

give the public what they want

Cosmopolitan magazine recently joined forces with Venuz Breeze to break a world record - more accurately, they were setting a new world record, because I doubt there have been that many attempts at biggest bikini photo shoot previously. Anyway, they've done it with 1000 + participants.

Frankly, I expected more of Cosmo, the magazine that brings me "Shirtless Guy of the Month", "Legendary Sex Tips" and "Multiple, Simultaneous Orgasms". Cause really, WTF do I want with 1000 + scantily clad women? I'm not going to print off the pictures and post them on my wall beside Justin Timberlake. And forget the female empowerment argument, that I should be supporting and applauding the masses of women for being unhibited enough to bare (almost) all in an international magazine - the front rows were occupied by models, so like every other issue of Cosmo, this is doing nothing to improve my body image.

So Cosmo, if you hear me (and I know you don't but I like to pretend), next time you feel like conducting a over-the-top photo shoot to claim a new world record, please make it "Most Brazilian and Dutch Men in Leopard-Print Banana Hammocks slathered in Baby Oil". You readers will thank you.

No comments: