Monday, October 1, 2007

you saw this coming

Apparently babies are the theme of the day. And while it seems suitable to end with Britney punchline, I can't even really bring myself to joke about her state of affairs. Okay, I can, but not her adorable little mistakes! Ok, I did it again... Anyway, Britney has officially lost custody of her children. I can't say I'm disappointed or surprised - although I am both disappointed and surprised that Kevin Federline is left as the lesser of two evils.
A brief recap: She's been photographed nearly dropping her kids (on more than one occassion) and driving with them on her lap. She gives them coke in their bottles. She's repeatedly showed the world the hole by which they entered the world. She's been ordered to submit random drug tests to ensure their safety.... and so on and on it goes.

No one will disagree with the decision to take away her kids (hell, Britney might not even disagree -she has yet to prove her desire to keep her kids). It was a long time coming. It is essentially the culmination of what has got to be the saddest state of celebrity in my memory (and my memory includes Lindsay, Paris, et al.) I'm really baffled how someone can go from being the most sought after, most talked about, most desired celebrity to the most ridiculed. Or maybe, that's the only way she could have gone.

As I've stated previously, I'm very sad about the state of Britney Spears. I'm going to go home, listen to "Baby One More Time" and reflect on happier days.

No comments: