Thursday, October 4, 2007

pretty people are better than us

Selita Ebanks and Nick Cannon have broken up, 5 months after getting engaged. I don't really care that they broke up - they didn't even have a catchy celebrity anagram like "Nickelita" or anything, and you can't be a celebrity couple without a proper anagram. Actually, my main concern lies with the fact that these two ever dated in the first place. What is with undeserving guys hooking/shacking up with ridiculously good looking women who are way out of their league?! Oh I know, innately, primitively, psychologically (et al) women are attracted to men in positions of power and status. While I can see this argument justifying Salma Hayek's choice, it does not apply to Nick Cannon (you likely don't know him from such classics as "Drumline" and "Garfield").


Ebanks must have finally realized she was slumming it. I'm not going to cry for her, because I know she'll do better (quickly, probably). And it's really hard to feel bad for someone that pretty. And I'm not going to cry for Cannon either - he should feel blessed he ever got to tap that (yeah, that's right, white girl said "tap that"). I hope he was smart enough to know it wasn't going to last and got it on tape - it'll make for a great career boost when we all completely forget who he is.

No comments: