Wednesday, May 28, 2008

hockey & fashion are a natural fit...?

Sean Avery, professional hockey player/jackass, got an internship with Vogue! VOGUE! Are you KIDDING me?! I can't decide if I'm more angry, jealous or just confused. I suppose Anna Wintour wasn't aware of his on-ice antics, because they surely would not transfer well - I can just picture him stabbing someone with a 6 inch stilletto, uttering racial slurs at Naomi Campbell... Or maybe she sees in him the opportunity to bring high-fashion to the Canadian hockey fan...? Well the plaid on the Jean Paul Gautier runway isn't quite like the plaid on Don Cherry's blazers, and I can't picture the men in Saskatchewan switching in their double-denim Canadian "tuxedos" for Dolco & Gabbana.


A google photo search did suggest the guy's got a decent fashion sense, but it's hard to look bad when you've got arm candy like Elisha Cuthbert. I've got to assume that this is his way to access more ridiculously good looking women that are by all appearances way out of his league.

By the way, anyone remember the Take That video "Back for Good"? Where Robbie Williams is dancing in the rain, with his fur ear-flap hat and trenchcoat? I really feel that Avery was channeling that particular 1990s boy-band style for this look...

2 comments:

mar said...

so i finally figured out how to post properly :)

now i can prove that i actually read these things all the time!

Anonymous said...

Good words.